Job Role: Shift Brewer (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for someone to join our team in Deptford, on a short term contract as a Shift Brewer. However, with our expansion plans, this may become a permanent opportunity.
The role of Shift Brewer will combine general responsibilities across brewhouse, cellar and packaging lines.
- Clean and sour wort production on a manual 30hl brew-house
- CIP and sterilisation of brewhouse
- Complete all appropriate production documentation from grain to glass and follow SOP (standard operating procedures)
- Assist with packaging (keg, cask & can)
- Bulk beer storage and transfer, including the correct handling of lines and sanitation of hoses & fittings
- Maintaining a clean and tidy brewery and warehouse at all times
- Cellar work
- Hop gun operation
- Assist in wort production schedule
- Comply with high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure ingredients and materials are monitored and maintained
- Yeast Management and propogation i.e. harvesting, pitching, cell counts, record keeping
- Ability to work alone and have initiative to problem solve
- Represent the company at beer tastings/industry events
- Other duties as directed by the Head Brewer
You must be committed to quality assurance. You will be expected to: measure wort density and PH, perform yeast counts and viability staining, measure titratable acidity, attenuation limit, VDK, CO2 concentration, DO/TP, perform sedimentation and brewhouse optimisation trials and analyse and adjust process water.
NB Please note that the role will require some heavy lifting, shift-work and the use of fork-lift truck. Shifts are currently Monday-Friday early (6am – 3pm) and late (12pm – 8pm) in two week rotation. Occasional weekend duties may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a brewery setting including wort production
- Minimum partial achievement of Diploma in Brewing or equivalent qualification level
- Excellent record keeping skills and professional compliance
- Comfortable with wort production, cellaring, lab work and packaging
- A passion for brewing and be a team player
- A desire to innovate and share passion for beer is essential
- Display common sense and attention to detail
- Ability to work on repetitive tasks
- Experience of manual work
- Be fit and able to lift heavy loads
- Forklift license (ideal but not essential)
- Experience in microbiology is desirable but not essential
- Legal right to work in the UK
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary in line with experience
- Proud Living Wage employer
- 28 days holiday (Including public holidays)
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a local charity
- 1 extra day leave for your Birthday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Free beer!
The role is a full-time maternity cover position based on 40 hours per week, with an expected 12 month contract, commencing April 2021. Salary will be between £25,000 and £26,500 dependent on experience. Brick is a London Living Wage employer.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 15thMarch 2021