Job Role: Brewery Assistant
We are looking for someone to join Brick and become an integral member of our production team.
The role of Brewery Assistant is a junior role which will not initially involve wort production, but there may be an opportunity to progress, subject to performance review and development.
- Vessel CIP
- Stock Management
- Lab work
- Complete all appropriate production documentation and follow SOP (standard operating procedures)
- Packaging (keg, cask & can)
- Bulk beer storage and transfer, including the correct handling of lines and sanitation of hoses & fittings
- Cellar work
- Hop gun operation
- Comply with high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Maintaining a clean and tidy brewery and warehouse at all times
- Ability to work alone and have initiative to problem solve
- Represent the company at beer tastings/industry events
- Other duties as directed by the Head Brewer
NB Please note that the role will require some heavy lifting.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum General Certificate in Brewing and/or 2 years of experience in a brewery setting
- A passion for craft beer and be a team player
- A desire to innovate and share passion for beer is essential
- Display common sense and attention to detail
- Ability to work on repetitive tasks
- Experience of manual work
- Be fit and able to lift heavy loads
- Hold a full driver’s license (preferable but not essential)
- Forklift licence preferable (but not essential)
- Legal right to work in the UK
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary in line with experience
- Proud Living Wage employer
- 28 days holiday (Including public holidays)
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a local charity
- 1 extra day leave for your Birthday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Free beer!
The role is a full-time position based on 40 hours per week during which, occasional weekend work may be required. Starting salary will be between £23,000 and £25,000 dependent on experience. Brick is a London Living Wage employer.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to email@example.com
Closing date: 4thJune 2021