Job Role – Packaging Manager
New Position: Packaging Manager, Deptford
We are looking for an experienced Packaging Manager to be based at our SE London production site. Responsible for all packaging at Brick Brewery according to schedule (can, keg, cask, bottle), this is a senior position and requires the capable supervision of junior members of staff, and effective communication with senior staff members across other departments and external partners. An eye for detail in assuring that all duties are carried out in compliance to binding internal and external regulations and quality standards is imperative whilst also monitoring and maintaining stocks of packaging, raw materials, the upkeep of machinery and equipment relating to packaging, and the clean and tidy upkeep of all packaging areas.
- Work with the head brewer and sales director to ensure steady supply of small and large pack products according to weekly, monthly and annual schedules and forecasting.
- Maintenance of a clean, tidy and safe packaging environment and compliance with statutory regulation concerning HSE COSSH & PPE in collaboration with head brewer.
- Comprehensive maintenance of all packaging machinery and equipment. Communication with suppliers on preventative maintenance and optimization procedures.
- Working in collaboration with the head brewer in a continuous drive to improve packaged quality of products through proper CIP and operational procedures – Ensuring product complies to legal standards and conform to key quality specifications (CO2, TPO, CC etc.)
- Managing all packaging raw materials ensuring that suppliers are in line with our ethical guidelines whist seeking to improve quality and price.
- Maintain digital record keeping on packaging efficiencies and quality compliance to reduce wastage
- Training and supervision of work performed by junior members of brewery team. Ensuring that legal and internal safety and quality standards are understood and being followed by all staff working in packaging roles.
- In collaboration with the warehouse team, ensure proper logging of packaged product and efficient storage of packaged stock and packaging raw materials across all sites.
- Manage quality and quality processes to maintain our excellent standard of product.
- Represent Brick at selected industry events as a brand ambassador.
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience in packaging
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Previous experience working on a Microcan ML10 canning line
- Ideally a relevant technical degree (e.g. engineering, brewing)
- Proficient MS Office skills – Excel, Word
- Analytical capabilities
- Fantastic communication skills
- The adaptability to problem solve
- Passion for the brewing industry
- Forklift truck license
What you get:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a local charity
- 1 extra day leave for your Birthday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Free beer!
The role is a full-time permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience based on an average of 40 hours a week, with shifts based on department needs between the brewery operation hours of 6am and 8pm. We are an accredited London Living Wage business
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday 20thMarch 2020