Job Role – Operations Manager
Job Role: Operations Manager
We are entering a significant growth phase and are looking for someone to join Brick as our Brewery Operations Manager. In this key role, you will be responsible for leading the warehousing and distribution operations as well as production planning to ensure our sales targets can be achieved. Working closely with our Head Brewer and Sales Director, this is a senior role, reporting directly to the Owner/Managing Director. As part of the leadership team, the Operations Manager will be committed to the company values and be a key person in delivering our vision for growth and expansion.
You will focus on ensuring that the company runs as smoothly, efficiently, professionally and profitably as possible. You are responsible for but not limited to:
- Ensuring the company has professional and effective systems, procedures and policies in place to achieve its aims (SOP’s)
- Ensure that the site meets required standards for Environmental Health (SALSA) and Food Safety Regulation.
- Responsible for ensuring that we comply with our statutory obligations, incl. health & safety, fire safety, HMRC Duty registration, hygiene, First Aid compliance, FLT training, PAT testing etc.
- Overall responsibility of production and packaging planning to ensure sales targets are met.
- Responsible for ensuring stock is controlled from packaging all the way to delivery
- Work with production to ensure stocks of raw materials, packaging and supplies
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure all label designs are within the agreed timelines
- Take ownership of and manage operational strategic plans as we strive for operational excellence
- Improving professionalism, staff training and mentoring
- Integrity and maintenance of our premises, facilities, equipment and stock
- Ensure that costs are controlled, seek value in supplier contracts, reduce waste and inefficiency, help ensure company profitability
- Line management responsibility of logistics and supply chain
- Responsible for warehouse organisation in line with processes, internally and externally
- Responsible for customer service improvements and training, for example, quality retailer training, oversight and responsibility of QC post-packaging and “in trade”
- Oversight of our environmental impact and ensure that we implement environmentally responsible policies and practices
The ideal candidate will have:
- Five years of experience in brewery operations or a related field (food & beverage/manufacturing/logistics etc) is essential
- A degree in operations, business, management, or a related field would be an advantage
- Proven leadership, project management and problem solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate success initiating change in previous roles
- Prove experience of implementing staff training and team development
- Expertise in computer spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency in an ERP system is desirable
- Strong analytical abilities
- Knowledge of forecasting, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Ability to lead cross-functionally across departments
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fantastic organisational skills and be able to prioritise and multi-task
- A passion for craft beer and be a team player
- Hold a full driver’s license (preferable but not essential)
- Forklift licence
- Legal right to work in the UK
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary in line with experience
- Proud Living Wage employer
- 28 days holiday (Including public holidays)
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a local charity
- 1 extra day leave for your Birthday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Free beer!
- Ongoing training
The role is a full-time position based on 40 hours per week. Starting salary will be between £36,000 and £40,000 dependent on experience. Brick is a London Living Wage employer and an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to email@example.com
Please mark your subject line “Operations Manager”
Closing date: 5th August 2021 although interviews with suitably qualified applicants may be held before this date.