Job Role – Head Brewer
Head Brewer, Deptford
Brick is an independently run brewery that started from humble roots in a Peckham shed. Since 2013 we have been building our brewery; first from a railway arch in Peckham Rye, SE London and after an expansion in 2017, now with a production site just down the road in Deptford. We are looking for a passionate, organised and driven Head Brewer to manage our brewery production and lead our brewing team.
- Developing, motivating and managing the production team, performing regular reviews and encouraging vocational training
- Production scheduling to ensure the delivery of product on time and in line with agreed costs
- Develop and oversee implementation of processes relating to wort production, cellaring and packaging.
- Work with the directors to create and manage plans to increase annual output in line with agreed sales forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant industry legislation and food quality/safety standards.
- Maintain record keeping and quality control to a high standard
- Negotiation of raw material contracts and ordering of raw materials necessary to fulfil schedule.
- Work with the sales team and logistics to ensure availability and delivery of core products
- Manage the delivery of an innovative range of specials to a pre-agreed calendar and to appropriate costings.
- Manage quality and quality processes to maintain our excellent standard of product.
- Continuously research new methods, processes and materials to improve quality and deliver progressive products.
- Take the lead in acquiring and implementing new equipment to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Manage the maintenance of all brewing equipment to ensure it is fully functional at all times
- Represent Brick at selected industry events as a brand ambassador.
- Foster relationships with other breweries and artisanal producers
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience in brewing
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Ideally a relevant technical degree (e.g. engineering, brewing)
- IBD Diploma in Brewing, Master Brewer qualification or similar (desirable)
- Proficient MS Office skills – Excel, Word
- Analytical capabilities
- Fantastic communication skills
- Project Management experience
- The adaptability to problem solve
- Passion for the brewing industry
What you get:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a local charity
- Pension with NEST
- Free beer!
The role is a full-time permanent position and offers the right candidate, the opportunity to progress and develop within the company. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are an accredited London Living Wage business
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Friday 6thDecember 2019