Job Role – GM at our Taproom
Job Opportunity – General Manager
Want to run the best brewery taproom in London? Then look no further.
Brick are looking to hire an experienced general manager to add to the ever-growing team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer and customer service and wants to be part of a dedicated team in a fast growing market sector. This is a hands on role and requires someone who can lead by example in developing the Taproom in a rapidly changing area.
The General manager will be responsible for promoting and running the taproom and assist in driving the brewery brand forward. The role will require a confident individual capable of discussing Brick beers and the trends in craft brewing in general. The individual will have a strong background in cellar management, personnel management and customer service.
- Manage the Taproom
- Cellar Management to include responsibility of beer lines, beer styles, stock rotation, cleanliness of work area and sourcing complimentary guest beers.
- Create, run and oversee taproom events including tap takeovers, meet the brewers, seasonal events (Oktoberfest, Cinco de Mayo etc.)
- Staff management including employment, training, scheduling, supervising on shift. Delegating tasks to Duty Manager and bar staff colleagues.
- Manage ePOS system and prepare weekly reports for the Directors.
- Managing GP % and Staff costs, achieving targets set.
- Cash handling including banking, weekly P&L
- Stock ordering, handling and rotation. Entering products into our till database.
- Opening and closing the bar, overseeing that the bar is functional, presentable and clean.
- Monitoring health and safety for both customers and staff, keeping records of risk assessments, refusals, accidents and incidents.
- Working closely with local communities.
What you need to have:
- 2 years experience in a management role
- Personal License
- Passion and enthusiasm and knowledge of all things beer
- Impeccable customer service
- Strong cellar management skills, confident dealing with different types of kegs, changing regulators, increasing and reducing gas pressures, line cleaning.
- Strong communication skills, line of contact between bar team and the brewery and vice versa.
- Experience and confidence in multi-tasking and be someone who can manage multiple projects and events work from conception to completion
- Confidence with the Brick Brewery brand and promotion.
- Staff management experience
- Ability to work well independently but also as part of a broader team
- Working knowledge of Excel and Google programs (Sheets, Docs, Calendar), Outlook.
- Permission to work in the UK
- Knowledge of local licensing policies
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of EposNow
- Network of contacts with other breweries and suppliers
Salary and Benefits:
- £28-30k per annum depending on experience (48 hour working week)
- Company pension scheme
- Extra day holiday for charity/community work
- Free beer!
- Merch allowance
This job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested
If this sounds like you, please send your CV alongside a brief cover letter saying why you are right for this role to:
Closing date is Monday 12thAugust 2019
Brick is a London Living Wage Employer.