Assistant Brewer needed
Assistant Brewer Position
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Brewer to join our team based at our production site in Deptford. 2018 has seen significant growth and we are scheduled to more than double production in 2019 and so we are looking for dedicated people to help us realise this.
The role of Assistant Brewer will combine general responsibilities across brewhouse, cellar and packaging lines
- CIP and sterilisation of brewhouse
- Complete all appropriate production documentation from grain to glass and follow SOP (standard operating procedures)
- Packaging beer into keg, cask & can
- Bulk beer storage and transfer, including the correct handling of lines and sanitation of hoses & fittings
- Maintaining a clean and tidy brewery and warehouse at all times
- Assist in wort production schedule at times of high demand
- Liaise with warehouse and sales teams about stock coming off the packaging lines and organising the storage of packaging materials
- Comply with high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure ingredients and materials are monitored and maintained
- Ability to work alone and have initiative to problem solve
- Represent the company at beer tastings
NB Please note that the role will require some heavy lifting, shift-work and fork-lift truck training.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications and / or previous industry experience
- A willingness to undertake further training / education
- A passion for craft beer brewing
- A desire to innovate and share passion for beer is essential
The role is a full-time permanent position and offers the right candidate, the opportunity to progress and develop within the company. Starting salary will be relative to prior experience. Brick is a London Living Wage employer.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to email@example.com Closing date 30thNovember 2018